Monday, January 11, 2010

Vest is Best and Sweeps the Rest!


In what may be one of the most shocking Christmas scandals of 2009 a vest has come out victorious, sweeping away the competition, in this years "8 Days of Christmas Sweaters".  The festive goose garment entered the competition "unarmed" and turned out to steel the hearts of many.  But really, how can your resist a goose in a stocking cap?

Sweater purists may protest that a vest has no place in a sweater competition but nothing could keep this sleeveless wonder away taking 61% of the vote and proving it's not the amount of knit yarn, it's how you embellish it. 

It's a Cinderella story for the ages.  Christmas 2009.  The little goose vest that could.  And did.  So next time you feel inadequate or unqualified think of this vest and it's festive courage that forever changed the way we look at the Christmas sweater.




2 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh Shannon, how I have missed you. I accidently clicked on the picture, and suddenly I had a life-size view of you in the goose vest. And I love it.

Hope your trip home was good. I am already clearing my social calendar for when you get back. Oh wait, it is empty. But still, I will keep it that way just for you.

Dana said...

Hee hee - I like the headline. I agree it is quite the upset.